COUCHSURFING WANTS TECHNOLOGY TO DESTROY ANY REMAINING FREEDOM WE HAVE

  



I have deleted my couch surfing account. I cannot verify my account because I do not have a cell phone.
I sent this message to one of their co-ordinators:
"Thanks for the quick response. Just a heads up, one in 4 telephone users in Canada do not have cell phones.
Worldwide almost one in 10 do not have mobile phones.
Maybe you should consider an option for this many persons who might want to be verified .
I have used these statistic to convince a number of banks, insurance companies, and corporations to offer alternatives to their cell phone requirements.
Thanks,
Brian"
Here was their response:
"Hi there Brian,
Do U like to fight with windmills?"
Couchsurfing is part of an unfortunate dictatorial trend of demanding that everyone MUST have the latest technology. I thought that technology was supposed to increase our options, not limit them. Couchsurfing should start thinking more inclusively and find simple ways of allowing those of us who do not want to be forced to purchase technology or cannot afford to purchase such technology.



Please do not let promoters of technology limit our choices.
I am happy to see that there is a growing number of North Americans who are resurrecting analog technology.

Remember analog technology?

-- it was user friendly, and it served us and did not tell us what was best for us.

Comments

Popular Posts