NCL DUPES PASSENGERS WITH PROMISES OF A VOYAGE TO GREENLAND

 





Hello Ann Marie N, NCL Guest Experience Coordinator

 

Can you please answer questions for me concerning your emails to me?

 

FIRST QUESTIONS:

 

You wrote:

 

"We appreciate this opportunity to address your concerns. Despite the situation mentioned, we hope you enjoyed other aspects of your vacation.  We do value your patronage and hope to welcome you back onboard in the near future."

 

Please read the description of my July 14, 2022 cruise as published by Cruise Critic, and then please tell me how NCL has addressed any of my concerns. 

 

In addition, How has NCL shown even in the smallest way that it values my patronage?

 

Here is what appeared in Cruise Critic:

 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=689660&et_cid=3500453&et_rid=236722292&et_referrer=newsletterPopup_control 

 

********************************************************************************************************************

 

"My partner and I chose this NCL rather expensive cruise because half of the 11-day cruise time was to be spent in Greenland. When we were checking in at the cruise terminal at ReykjavĂ­k, we got our first unpleasant surprise of the cruise, The Captain had cancelled all the Greenland ports and was taking the ship to Norway before heading back to Iceland for the last 4 days of the cruise. If we had heard about this cancellation before we had taken the jet from Toronto to Iceland, we would have cancelled the cruise immediately, We had purchased the cruise cancellation insurance offered by NCL. Going to Greenland was the only reason that we would cruise with NCL. Norway is nice, but we had been there many times before.

 

"For this inconvenience, even though half the cruise was in effect cancelled, NCL offered us a 30% credit which would end on December 31, 2023. Most passengers were furious, and this decision had an impact on the passengers. The cruise lack much of the spontaneity and energy that exists on a cruise, not only among passengers, but among staff and crew. We and many other passengers have asked for a refund.

 

"The cruise held more unpleasantness for us. We were informed the excursion desk had no record of an excursion we had prepaid for. I was told to give them proof. We had to use the $31 US a day WiFi to collect the documentation. It still took 3 days for the Star Excursion Desk and Passenger Services to finally agree that we had prepaid for the excursion.

 

"We also discovered that we had not received a $400 NCL credit. Again I had to use the expensive NCL Wi-Fi to get the Star Passenger Services  the proof of the credit.We never received the credit until we contacted NCL customer service in Miami after the cruise was over. We have finally received the credit, but they credited us with 400 Canadian dollars, when the amount in Canadian dollars should have been 520 CDN (400 US). NCL is truly wearing me down.

 

"Finally, we cancelled a prepaid transfer from the ship to the ReykjavĂ­k Airport because we had made our own arrangements. The cruise ended July 25. We received the final statement about the cruise. We received no credit for the prepaid transfers that we had cancelled.

 

"Finally, the ship did nothing special to make up for removing Greenland from the itinerary. No real apologies were given by  captain or staff. However, the Captain did often make announcements about how wonderful the cruise was despite the loss of the Greenland itinerary. Staff and Crew seem to cringe when they heard such announcements. The Captain obviously was oblivious to the emotional needs of his passengers.

 

"Well, we have learned our lesson to stay away from NCL, a cruise company that does not consider passenger/customer service to be in the least important."

 

*******************************************************************************************

 

Here is the main message of what NCL wrote me:

 

"Please note that under the terms and conditions of our Contract of Passage, Norwegian Cruise Line in its sole discretion may cancel, postpone or delay any port of call without prior notification. While every effort is made to adhere to the published schedule, there are those instances that necessitate change.

"Regretfully, we are not offering any further compensation in that regard."

 

 

Here is additional information, I sent to NCL after their telling me they had the power to do what they did without regard to its impact on me as a passenger and NCL shareholder.

 

********************************************************************************************

 

"As an investor in NCL, I am amazed at how cavalier your responses have been to my requests for intelligent consideration of my request for help.

 

"I asked if NCL had an appeal procedure so that I could appeal your decision to offer us a small credit, a credit we cannot use as I explained in previous emails. A credit offered, because you misrepresented your cruise itinerary and did not notify me or my partner that Greenland had been dropped from the itinerary until we were in Iceland, 4200 km from home, checking in.  If you had informed us any time before we had left Toronto, we would have not taken your cruise and would have filed an insurance claim.

 

"Your failure to inform us was unethical and despicable. I am certain a  portion of the passengers would have cancelled the cruise...

 

"The total cost of the cruise was $11,344.99 (see attached confirmation), not including onboard charges. Add to that the anxiety and depression I experienced as a result of an unresponsive front desk and tour reservation desk. The cruise was not "Feel Free" experience in any sense of the word. A total cruise credit for my partner and me $2291.84 does not begin to make up for our unpleasant cruise experience."

 

********************************************************************************************

 

SECOND QUESTION

 

You wrote:

 

"Kindly note that Norwegian Cruise Line does not offer an appeal procedure however as a convenience to our guests, we always provide a "Travel Protection Plan" plan through Aon, Ltd; and most of our travel partners."

 

Can you please tell me how having your travel protection plan helps me deal with NCL, who does not have any regard for me as a passenger?

 

In addition, why do you not have an appeal procedure? Is everyone in NCL apathetic about passenger concerns so appeals would be useless? Or is a lack of an appeal procedure part of NCL's total disregard of passenger problems which NCL has caused in the first place?

 

 

CONCLUSION

 

I now think that no one at NCL read what I wrote. I know from the discontent among passengers that I cannot be the only passenger to complain. I feel that NCL has set up a bot which follows a script to deny any further negotiation with passengers.

 

However, I hope I am wrong and pray that you are a real person.

 

So I repeat my questions:

 

FIRST QUESTIONS:


You wrote:

 

"We appreciate this opportunity to address your concerns. Despite the situation mentioned, we hope you enjoyed other aspects of your vacation.  We do value your patronage and hope to welcome you back onboard in the near future."

 

Please read the description of my July 14, 2022 cruise as published by Cruise Critic, and then please tell me how NCL has addressed any of my concerns. 

 

In addition, How has NCL shown even in the smallest way that it values my patronage? Please be specific so I know you are not a bot.

 

Here is what appeared in Cruise Critic:

 

Norwegian Star Cruise Ship: Review, Photos & Departure Ports on Cruise Critic 

 

SECOND QUESTION

 

You wrote:

 

"Kindly note that Norwegian Cruise Line does not offer an appeal procedure however as a convenience to our guests, we always provide a "Travel Protection Plan" plan through Aon, Ltd; and most of our travel partners."

 

Can you please tell me how having your travel protection plan helps me deal with NCL, who does not have any regard for me as a passenger?  Please be specific so I know you are not a bot.

 

 

In addition, why do you not have an appeal procedure? Is everyone in NCL apathetic about passenger concerns so appeals would be useless? Or is a lack of an appeal procedure part of NCL's total disregard of passenger problems which NCL has caused in the first place?  Please be specific so I know you are not a bot.

 

I await a real response to my questions,

 

Regards,

 

Comments

Popular Posts